Sunday, November 4, 2007

Have a good night with $44 and a white flag

What a deranged night. The world ditched me. I was stuck- I paced my house from 12AM till 10PM looking for something to do. I never did make plans, I just assume people are going to do stuff with me... BUT THEY DIDN"T. And that extremely pissed me off. I mean seriously, I'm home two days out of the week and no one wants to see me? Fine.
At 10PM I finally get a call. My best friend finally came home and were going to go to another friends house.

My stomach was growling and they don't have a lot of food at their house and I don't want to eat because that's rude, and I didn't want to just sit there so we went to my best friends house (lets call her Bob.... it's a common name for anonymously naming someone) and we grabbed Monopoly Disney and then got in the car and left.

Next stop! Safeway. Entering Safeway with extreme craving and cheapness on our minds, we grabbed a buggy (you have to pay to use a buggy!?! What is this?!?) and started on one side of the store. We were going to mine sweep it to insure we wouldn't forget a thing.

After finishing the sweep, we bought:

1) A Loaf of French bread ($2)
2) 2 pomegranates (2 /$4)
3) 5 cases of no-name pop (5 /$10)
4) 3 boxes of chips (3 /$5)
5) Jar of Olives ($4)
6) Pack of gum
7) Case of Dole grapefruit drink stuff ($4???)
8) Cherry blasters candy (?????)
9) Mandarin Oranges ($5)
??????????????????????

Okay so I forget the rest. I don't know how it came to 44 dollars now that I think about it. Oh well. But you get the point- It was variety. We had stuff from around the world. We ate everything -well... the candy, 2 bags of chips, oranges, pop, the whole jar of olives (uhhhh), one of the pomegranates, half a loaf of bread....

After 4 hours of Monopoly and still no progress on who was winning, that and it was nearing 2AM, we decided to all wave the white flag and count our money and mortgages on our houses.

I lost by a couple thousand dollars.

I leave you with this quote: “I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.

LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

Miss Kathleen

3 comments:

snacknuts said...

FUN FACT: Monopoly is the worst game ever.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site delightfullyderanged.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Balaji said...

FUN FACT: Monopoly is the worst game ever.