Thursday, November 15, 2007

There is nothing wrong with Windows Vista

There is nothing wrong with Windows Vista. What is with all this “Vista Death Watch” and stuff. Why does everyone put down Vista? Personally I love the program, it is far better than XP. XP is so plain… that horrid blue background which color I want to change but can’t… The graphics are boring, colors are boring, themes are boring. It’s the Windows ME but had rounded edges on the boxes, and you can change the colors. Oh how exciting…

Vista on the other hand…. Is gorgous. The Windows gadgets is totally fun, the transparency of everything is a master piece aspect, and the graphics of this thing! Oh baby I love it. I don’t really get the point of the 3D window scroll thing… it’s cool but I don’t use it really… BUT THE BEST THING ABOUT IT is that when you put your mouse over a window on the bottom, it’s in motion, and stuff….way cool. I’m not good at explaining this very well but I want to voice my opinion. I’m sorry.

And that who “Access and Deny” crap… wow did Apple ever blow that out of proportion. It hardly does that, and how hard is it to press “Allow”. Like god, 0.5 seconds of your life to press that little button. What ever shall I do.

Oh and the color scheme on the first opening page before you choose your account…..WAY NICER!! It and the start menu are aesthetically appealing. It’s true.

I would like to ask, why are people ‘converting’, proud to get on the Mac Train, proud to be a follower so that one day apple takes over the god damn world. They’re making MP3 Players obsolete, everything is refered to as an ‘ipod’. You know what, I hate my Mini (it’s not really that small anymore is it?). It hardly works, and I’ve had to send it in for repair for countless times and they take FOREVER as in MONTHS to fix the god damn thing. Oh and then they get smaller and turn into a nano, so that if you accidentally sit on it, it snaps in half. Yay!
Back to the converting… I would never convert to a Mac. I hate Mac computers. Almost every student at my university has a Mac. I feel so weird with a black lap top… everyone else has their white or silver Apple computers. I don’t get Macs. I’ve used them my entire educational career at school and they are so horrible to use. Their boring looking. They aren’t even computer looking. I don’t get any aspect of it. I don’t see how Mac is so good.
Oh what, you can’t get a Virus? Big deal, I don’t get Virus’ on my PC, and I download a lot of stuff (shhh). Just get a free version of AVG and Spydocter off the net and your fine. They clean up your computer real good.

I guess you are either a PC person, or a Mac person. It’s like being a Pepsi or Coca-Cola Person. Either you like Pepsi, or you like Coke, THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN. Sure some places only have Pepsi, or they only have coke, you’re not going to not order a cola. Still you’re a fan of only one. You’re not going to be like “Oh today I like Pepsi, and perhaps next month I’ll like coke”. That’s like saying “Oh I think I’ll be a bully today, and tomorrow I’ll try myself as the nerd, I think I’ll go get my head flushed down the toilet”, or “Today I’ll be with Yoda, next century I’ll be with Vader”. Either your with one, or against one, converting is being a traitor like Peter Pettigrew. Are you a rat? Yah you probably are, most are converting to Macs… I guess I’m the only one sticking with Harry Potter aren’t I? Actually I’m more of a Draco fan, but that wouldn’t be proving my point…

Anyways I’m just confused about this whole Mac epidemic and why they are better, and what is honestly so wrong with Vista?

Microsoft… I love Vista…
(Send me something free… you know… so I can continue to support you? Not that I’d switch anyways)
Bill Gates- I’m watching you. (in a non-stalker like manner)

I leave you with this quote (HAHA…I can’t find a quote supporting Microsoft. WHY!!?? WHY is my argument a failure!! HAHA):
"There are people who don't like capitalism, and there are people who don't like PCs, but there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft."-- Bill Gates

Love you lots!
Miss-I’m-with-Microsoft-(sorta?) Kathleen

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

one day when software that you run will be important for your job and every downtime will cost you money, hopefully you will get why windows sux, until than you can based your opinions regarding quality of the OS on the "look and feel"

Anonymous said...

you do realise that most of us dont say vista sucks in comparison to XP (even though it does that to on occasion) What we are saying is that it is horrid in comparison to other alternatives (OSX, Linux, BSD etc.)
I will admit it looks good. There is a reason why its one of the most copied themes on places like hnome-look.org. But looks dont make an operativesystem. It looks great but the security and support is a joke.

Eric S. Mueller said...

I like Windows Vista. It runs fairly stable on my laptop, it runs all of my applications and is compatible with all of my hardware. The aesthetics are nice. I'm glad that I upgraded to Vista.

Anonymous said...

Great article! You have the right to your opinion and I agree because I use vista all the time and loving it! But again I also have a 94 duo core processor and 2 gig ddr2 800 mhz ram so I'm in a good boat!

Anonymous said...

well, even though you can never win an argument with a mac user, not because they base their arguments on technical reasons, it is because they have their heads shoved in their asses, and only look out to watch their God, Steve jobs. Technically, there many reasons why Windows is better than Mac OS. Mac is all about the look and user experience, but when it comes to network infrastructure windows is far superior; this is not an assumption, look why most businesses adopt windows for this reason, and believe me, business people don’t make these decisions based on marketing influence, is a proven fact that windows is efficient, easier, and cheaper to implement.

As you know, windows has been exploited, and abused from all directions, not because windows security totally sucks, it s because windows is the most popular, and every malware you can think of has been written for the windows OS. You wrote that they argue that Macs don’t get viruses, that’s plain bullshit, the reason why Macs haven’t been targeted for viruses, is because the market is so small, and no one bothers to write malware codes for it, the same for Linux. To sum everything up, Windows Vista is the more secure operating system on earth, the rest of operating systems, are just for whiners, pussies that believe Bill Gates is evil, well, he might be the richest man on earth, not because he steal the money, he is a smart person, who actually know what people want.

Kathleen M. said...

Anonymous 1: I live on the computer.... I've never had a downtime, maybe you have too much going on in the background? But great input

Anonymous 2: Well yah i know i meant to compare it to xp and other systems but i got off topic :P Thanks for the input!

Eric S. Mueller: YAHHH!!! I agree.

anonymous 3: Haha thanks a bunch! And wow yah your not going to have many problems with that much computer!

Nelson: Y didn't you just write my article haha thats what i was trying to say but my blond-offtract-distracted self got in the way. Thank you for giving an intelligent version!! Your the best!

Anonymous said...

My dad has it and he already has problems. XP is really stable and thats why vista isn't such a hit with the web crowd. It will come on a new laptop I buy soon and I'll get used to it. Just new operating systems often have bugs not found yet. Sucks when you are a guinea pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Kathleen M. said...

Really? i haven't found any problems with it yet... Hmmm

Anonymous said...

I use Ubuntu :P Prettier than Vista, runs more efficiently and doesnt get viruses. Vistas fine at home but for the work environment its rubbish compared to XP, nothing but slow network issues and activation errors, and thats not just me, the errors I mention are widespread, just check the MS forums :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. For me, it's not a question of moving to Mac or Linux. I have bought a lot of Windows software, I write software for the web but I also write for Windows, and I write music with Windows-based packages.

My wife recently bought a new laptop with Vista and she said that Vista is not as bad as she expected (based on all the bad press she'd heard). However, she turns off all of the fancy Vista graphics because they slow things down too much, and graphics are not as important as how the system works.

As I said, I have no intention of moving to Mac or Linux, but personally I would be quite happy to stay with XP. In the end I will have to upgrade to Vista, but for what you actually get that isn't in XP, it seems like more hassle than its worth. So, I very much doubt we'll be upgrading any of our XP computers to Vista - we'll just get Vista introduced as we replace the computers.

printer said...

A leading service provider in the printer, imaging, and scanner system devices, we deliver high quality services that can exceed the expectation of our customers

For more details https://www.printerofflinefix.online