Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Exploring the Staple Gun


Using a staple gun for the first time- who knew it could be so much fun? A blond girl venturing into a wood shop room is dangerous- the inspector dude seemed to flinch every time I pulled the trigger.
Before I begin, I would just like to apologize for my absence of 3 or 4 days. I went to Princeton (a town of 3000 people in the middle of mountains and it has no Internet, cell phone, and little phone connection) for 2 days and I played Banjo and Kazooie on N64 the whole time, and I returned with no inspiration. I no longer know what to write about, so If you have an idea or something you would like me to comment on, please leave a comment!! I prob won't get it in my email because I get about 20-30 emails a day.
So anyways I adventured to the First year's work shop for the first time. I needed to staple fabric down on my art piece (I go to art school). I found the inspector dude and I asked him for a stapler. He stared at me for a moment then replied "Do you mean a staple gun?"
"Uh, yeah... Please" I squeaked shyly.
The man leaves and returns shortly with the gun. He hands it to me and I stare at it in my hands. "So I hold it like this?" I ask him, demonstrating what I think.
"Um, no, actually its the other way around... maybe I'll quickly show you. Oh and put on some safety glasses."
Why would he assume I've used a staple gun before? I am a computer geek, not a wood shop/handy man one.
Later I begin to work the safety glasses and the staple gun. I pull and stretch the fabric over my wire frame structure and staple it to the board the structure is mounted on. I rather enjoyed the bang of the staple gun- it was crazy. I know I sound lame, but seriously, I don't get out often. Well into hands on building stuff.
Soon however, I ran out of staples, and I went and found the inspector dude and asked him for more staples. He stared at me, clearly annoyed (jerk!) and asked "You already ran out? I gave you a full row."
He handed me a new row and showed me how to load it (I can't remember how do re-load it now that I think about it...) and I returned to my art.
I only used a few more staples and then I was done. Seriously what was his problem, It was just a staple gun, I don't do handy shit for a living. I don't even make a living right now! Arrogant ass (right word?)
Love you lots!!
Miss Kathleen <3

No comments: