Friday, October 19, 2007

The world from 1 foot tall

There are midgets and dwarfs, but then there are just really really small people.

So what, your under 4 feet tall. Boo hoo. You can still walk, you can still run, and you can mostly live your life just as well as someone who is five foot seven.
The other day as I walked the halls of my school, a professor rolled by. Literally. As horrible as it is, I honestly couldn't help but stare once she had passed me. She is approximately one foot tall. She rolled around on what looked like a pedestal, and her voice was so small she had to talk through a microphone which made her sound like a robot mouse.

Then as she rolled away, my eyes looked down, and there on her ride was a bumper sticker reading "I'm not in the mood to be stared at." I never in my life felt so god damn low. I could have walked out back to the 10 foot garden and buried myself alive, then unburied myself right before I passed out, and go and attach a rope to me and the back of the bus. Except I wouldn't because I'm not suicidal, I was just trying to express through words how extraordinarily bad I felt. I felt guilty even though no one saw me. I guess it'd be like shop lifting for the first time. Exhilarating and crazy until you realize that you are a total jerk.

Could you imagine teaching a lecture as her? It would be both awkward for her and the students. But I kudo her for becoming a university Prof, It's is hard making it in this world, and must be harder at one foot. Could you imagine growing up as her? She must have been a master at hide and seek.

SO yah. A world at one foot. Never again will I feel bad for that Big world, Small people show. Maybe they should try standing on her wheels! As for Tucker Max, this is one midget that is too small for you, I'm sorry.

I leave you with this quote: “Elevators smell different to midgets”

Love you lots!!! <3

Miss Kathleen

No comments: