Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gloomy Oddness

(the blue/green/orange stuff is my acid rain)




Today was a fine day, that is, until the clock struck three. That is when the torrential down-pour started.


I sat in Drawing 100, drawing with India ink the nude male before me when thundering of raindrops on the skylight filled the room. Holy macoril. I looked toward my friend beside me with a bewildered look upon my face. At the end of class when I exited the building, I walked out into a soon to be water world. No not from the melting glaciers, but from this rain. Now it does rain in Vancouver, but this was insane. Because of the city worker's strike, garbage and leaves had filled up the drains, so the water just flowed across the pavement, flooding people's shoes.


At that moment I desired a camera. I hate myself for not carrying one on me. There are so many things I see that I want to talk about on here and show you, but I cannot because I lack that device.


So I began to drive home with my wind shield wipers pushing away the inevitable liquid. Also, I was freezing my buttocks off. Then I realized I should turn on the heat. Honestly I always assume that the car automatically warms itself up, but the reality is that it doesn't. Like dude, the car should tell that its minus 500 inside, I should automatically warm itself up. This wouldn't be a problem if my car was a Transformer... (it would also take care of the bugler problem. Some dude breaks into my car, and my car transforms into a robot and demolishes him.... hehehe) Anyways I turned it on....


Then later I'm driving down the road. It was bumper to bumper traffic for miles. I was pissed. Then in my periphs, I see this cop cruise down the bus lane... which is empty. Now I begin to wonder... why is there no one driving in the bus lane? No ones parked there.... there's no buses around... So I decided to follow the cop. Dude I totally went passed everyone, it was great. I kept cruising alone, the cop didn't do anything so I assumed it was okay... That is until I followed that pig into a flood zone. I did mention above that the roads were flooded didn't I? Seriously, I was driving through a foot deep mixture of leaves, garbage, and acid rain. My poor car!!! My poor Sentra (shut it, Sentras are....cool.... err...)!! Then I came to a dilemma. Follow the cop through the abyss, or go back into the slow moving traffic. I took my chances with the swamp.


It was a fun drive. I felt like I was 4x4ing it. It was all bumpy cause I was driving over garbage, and water was shooting up the side of my car as high as the windows, and I sprayed cars beside me, and drenched the people on side walks.... I mean, they were already wet...


And then the cop turned, and suddenly I felt alone in the abyss. I suddenly felt like a coward for bypassing all the idiots who weren't using the bus lane... So I got back into traffic. It didn't matter anyways because i saved a half-hour of my life.


That's pretty much it, all I have to say. So I leave you with this quote: “We will never be an advanced civilization as long as rain showers can delay the launching of a space rocket.”


LOVE YOU!!!

Miss Kathleen

No comments: