Sunday, October 21, 2007

Keep your music opinions to yourself

If there is one thing that I hate, it has to be people telling me that my music is bad, or that 'it is not music'. No one under any circumstances has the right to put down another person's music. In fact, it's most likely not their music because their most likely not the artist who made it. So if you diss music, you diss art, and that is not cool because art is revolutionary (I think...?) and alters our society in so many ways.


I listen to rap. Some R&B, but the majority is rap. I don't really look like the person who would love rap, but I love it with a strong passion. I have listened to The Eminem Show at least a hundred times, and it still has not gotten old. Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube, you guys are legends. Though I really wonder, what kind of name is Ice Cube anyway? Seriously... what the heck.


When people drive around with their music blaring, they are simply expressing art- it is the same as getting sleeves of tattoos. Don't glare at me because I have rap vibrating out of my speakers. You can play your classical just as loud, I don't mind.


My favorite is when people say rap isn't music because they can't understand what their saying. Well maybe their just dumb, or maybe their minds can't think that fast because I can understand them perfectly clear. It is music, it is just a different type of music, and rap has more words than your songs so they have to talk faster to fit it in the limited minutes they have to say it. Plus you can't say rap doesn't have a story or meaning- It is very clear what Eminem is doing in his song Kim. Rap artists do have talent. Eminem went diamond. Have you gone diamond? Just what I thought....


I'm sorry, I just realized I was ranting about rap. My point is that I won't diss your music, so don't diss mine or others. Music is music, there are just different genres, just as there are different types of art (moderns, classic, tattoos..) and different types of cars, and different types of food (Yes raw fish is food, it's called Sushi).


So I leave you with this quote: "Music hath the charm to soothe a savage beast, but I'd try a revolver first." ~Josh Billings


Love you Lots!!!

Miss Kathleen <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right On! Music is an art form and with all art beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has different tastes in music so no one should insult someoen else about their musical choices.