Monday, October 22, 2007

Stupid Thief- Scary Moment

(pic is of the back of the parkade)

Today I experienced something that has to be one chance in a million. The chances of my experience happening are almost unreal. Today I stared in the eyes of the stupidest thief ever.

On Mondays I have a 5 hour break period in between my classes, and because I live forty minutes away from the school and gas prices are high, I don't drive home. At 12:30pm after my first class I went to the top level of the parkade where my car sat lonely at the back. I thought it was safe there because it is far from the entrance, and because of high thievery in the area, I decided to attempt to make it more difficult for them (I hoped they'd be noticed by the time they got to my car). I am quite paranoid about my car being broken into because on my first day of school after 5 hours of line-ups for ID cards and such, my car was broken into (nothing stolen, he just rummaged around and made a mess and smoked in my car... the bastard). After that I got an alarm installed.

So anyways I go to my car because I was tired from being awake since 6:30am and I stretched out in the back seat and take a nap. It was hella cold in my car so I curled up in a ball so i fit perfectly beneath my jacket (hobo tactics). I passed out instantly and I was experiencing some pretty crazy dreams...

Then at about 2:30pm I woke because I kept hearing this scratching noise on my car. I was a bit dazed because I was in the middle of an intense, adventurous dream. I kept hearing a scratching, like someone was sticking a key in my door. But I was in my car...

So I looked up, and I saw a white, middle-aged Caucasian man with sticky outty ears, a square face, and strawberry blond buzz-cut hair. He was clean and wore a black leather jacket. He was looking above my car, across the parking lot. I thought maybe he was getting out of his car parked beside mine. But then I kept hearing that noise...

And so I continued to stare at him (I'm blond, shut up), and finally he realized someone was looking at him and he look down at me. He froze as if not realizing I was there. Quickly he turned and briskly walked away. I sat fully up. There were no cars around mine for about 5 spaces on both sides. He was trying to break into my car!!! That theif! He failed to see the red, blinking light to say my car is armed, and he failed to see me in the back seat! What a moron!

I got so pissed at that moment that I de-armed my car and was about to jump out and run after him- but I realized that was a stupid idea because I'm a physically weak female and he was a tall, muscular male who could smash my skull in.

But wait! I had a camera! And where was he going!? There was a secret staircase at the back of the parkade! I grabbed my camera and ran after him.

I found the stair case:
This was at the back of the parkade, the first image on you. How is anyone supposed to see that. I walked down it (it smelt like pissed and was stained) and continued to look for him. I came across a maze of staircases... I decided against it. I ran down the levels of the parkade and out onto the campus... It's not big. I went to every parkade and searched every alley in a Nancy Drew maner to look for this guy but he was gone.

I have come to the conclusion that I will do a stake out next monday and I will report to you what happens.

I leave you with this quote: “When a thief kisses you, count your teeth

Love you Lots!!

Miss Kathleen <3>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice catch man... thank god he didn't get in the car trippy!!!

I love bloggers it's always great content no crap! Great writing and yes I'm trying to switch my name God it' s not on purpose LOL

Anonymous said...

OMGosh.. glad that you were un-harmed, what we do in the heat of the moment! My husband always tells me its okay when he is with..but to keep my middle finger and my mouth in check when he is not! :)